The Patronat de Turisme of the Diputació de Lleida announces the 34th edition of the “Pica d’Estats” International Prize for Press, Radio, Television and Internet Journalism, with total prize money of €48,000, shared between 8 prize categories.
The “Pica d’Estats” Prize is aimed at professionals from the world of media and communications who have published, or broadcast, pieces of (radio, television, press and Internet) journalism – of any genre, length and format – relating to the tourist attractions of the Pyrenees and the Lands of Lleida.
The “Pica d’Estats” Prize is an annual award which was created by the Patronat de Turisme of the Diputació de Lleida to give recognition to, and reward, media content produced by journalists and content creators. Its aim is to help disseminate, promote and project the natural, heritage and cultural resources of the Pyrenees and the Lands of Lleida throughout the world and to encourage people to come and discover this destination. It also seeks to provide support for the local tourism sector, which is one of the territory’s most important areas of economic activity.
The award has achieved recognised prestige, both for the quality of the works presented and for the level of the members of its jury, which comes with the guarantee provided by the rigour and commitment of the Col·legi de Periodistes de Catalunya (Catalan Association of Journalists), which has historically presided over the jury.
REGISTRATION · From November 15 to December 15, 2023. (both dates inclusive)
WAYS TO PRESENT DOCUMENTATION
INFORMATION. To request information about the process: phone 973245408
XXXIV EDITION PICA D'ESTATS PRIZE (2023)
The 34th “Pica d’Estats” Prize is aimed at the authors of journalistic works published in any medium (print, radio, television and Internet) and produced in any language, during the period between 1st October 2022 and 30th September 2023, whose main focus is to promote tourism in the comarques (local districts) of Lleida.
The beneficiary of the prize will be the author(s) of the work submitted, regardless of the person, company or entity that may present it.
The same author may submit entries in more than one prize category, but a given work (whether whole, partial or derived) may not be presented in more than one competition category. The only exception to this rule is the photography category.
All journalistic works published in any medium (internet, written press, radio, television, etc.) and produced in any language, during the period between 1st October 2022 and 30th September 30 2023, whose main focus is to promote tourism in the comarques (local districts) of Lleida, will be eligible for the prize.
In the case of trans-media works, authors must choose only one prize category. The only exception to this rule is the photography category. A given author, or authors, may only present a maximum of three works per category and must prioritise the one which they consider to most faithfully reflect the language of the chosen media.
The works competing for the prizes must be presented according to the following requirements:
– Written press: an original copy of the publication in which the article appeared or a copy of it in PDF format.
– Radio and television: a recording of the information or of the reports presented. In the case of news programmes, a selection of three connected programmes should be presented, exactly as they were broadcast.
– Photography: images with a minimum resolution of QHD (1440p).
– Internet: the work must be presented as it was published on the Internet and preferably as a file (pdf, video file or audio file). In exceptional cases, if the files cannot be obtained, it will be possible to accept a permanent link to the content (for example, a link to the podcast programme or to a play list in the case of podcast or online video series).
The total financial endowment is €48,000, which is divided into 8 different categories, based on their support, with a prize of €6,000 for the winning work in each of the following prize CATEGORIES:
• Best written press article providing general information.
• Best radio broadcast.
• Best television broadcast.
• Best article appearing in magazines specializing in travel and tourism.
• Best photographic report.
• Best international press work, published or broadcast abroad, via any medium.
• Best work published in the local media, which is open to all media from the Lands of Lleida.
• Best work published on the Internet: media portals, reports, interactive multimedia or other digital formats published on the Internet or via social networks.
REGISTRATION AND DEADLINES
The presentation and registration of works shall take place between 15th November and 15th December 2023 (both dates inclusive).
Options for presentation
Entry applications and works can be submitted in physical or digital format.
As established by art. 14 of Law 39/2015 LPACAP, legal persons and entities must present their documentation electronically.
To apply for the prize, it will be necessary to download the application form and to complete it electronically.
- The application form will be available for printing via the corporate website: www.aralleida.cat
The application form must be submitted, duly signed (the physical form must be signed by hand and the digital form must be signed using an electronic signature), together with the work, via the Register of the Patronat de Turisme, as follows:
– In person: Rambla Ferran, 18, 3r, 25007, Lleida.
– Electronically: premispicadestats.diputaciolleida.cat.
– By certified mail, addressed to: Premi Pica d’Estats / Patronat de Turisme de la Diputació de Lleida / Rambla Ferran, 18, 3r, 25007, Lleida.
– They can also be submitted via any of the other means provided for in art. 16 of Law 39/2015, of 1st October, on the Common Administrative Procedure of Public Administrations.
The “Pica d’Estats” Prize has a jury of the highest level, formed by prestigious professionals from the field of media and communications. Since the creation of the competition, the jury has been presided over by the deans of the Col·legi de Periodistes de Catalunya (College of Journalists of Catalonia).
MEMBERS OF THE JURY FOR THE 33rd EDITION OF THE COMPETITION
The jury for the 33rd edition of the “Pica d’Estats” Prize met on 4th February 2023. The jury was presided over by the Dean of the Col·legi de Periodistes de Catalunya, Joan Maria Morros. The other members of the jury were the journalists Laura Alcalde, Francesc Canosa, Santiago Costa, Josep Cuní, Pepa Fernández, Lluís Foix, Teresa Macià and Mariano Palacín, with Juli Alegre, Head of Promotions and Marketing of the Patronat de Turisme, acting as secretary.